• Turn off lights whenever you a leave a room.
• Invest in a programmable thermostat. By moving your heater thermostat
down two degrees in winter and up two degrees in the summer you will
save money and the environment.
• Keep blinds, shades or curtains closed during the hottest part of the day
• Always run your dishwasher with a full load
• Invest in a laptop - they use up to 90% less energy than a desktop. Also the smaller
the computer monitor the less electricity you will use.
• Shut down your computer when you are not using it. Turning a computer on and off
doesn’t use any extra electricity and it won’t damage your computer. In fact, shutting down
reduces the wear and tear on your computer and you will save energy.